Update, 2020/12/01
Please see announcement in Forum Stuff for details.

SECURITY ADVISORY!
Today, 2020/11/18, suspicions have been expressed that there has been a data breach.
At least some DisMembers' login data may have been compromised.
While the facts behind those suspicions have not yet been established, your Administerrerr is treating them as credible. He is looking into this. He will try and beef up security.
Even if you did so only recently:
Please change your password!
Please click here, or use the menu ( button) to navigate to the the User Control Panel, therein to the Profile Tab, and there click Edit Account Settings. You should get it from there on.
For a safe password that will resist brute-force attempts (which we have been subject to in the past), please use upper and lower case letters, AND numerals, AND symbols, and make it as long as you feel feasible. 16 characters seems to be recommended these days.
DO NOT use a password you also use elsewhere.
While your Administerrerr tries to keep this place safe. Get real. Security here is mostly by obscurity, that is, no one serious enough to crack us like a rotten egg is likely to even bother. But if one does, you don't want the safety of your email of facebook or whatever to depend on one mostly blind, mostly clueless autodidact who can't work at this more than a few hours at a time, if that much.

If you used a password here that you also used elsewhere, you must set a new password there, also!
A different password, this time. If someone did breach us, the first thing they are likely to do with your login credentials is to try them out elsewhere. Login credentials compromised here are compromised everywhere else, also. If you did reuse a password, but with a different email, your administerrerrerr strongly urges you NOT rely on that different email keeping you safe. This whole thing runs on a database. That means your half-blind administerrerrerr can operate a database. Do you honestly think identity thieves, and those who sell them passwords by the ten-thousands, won't?
If you get an error message about an invalid form, click here.
Show
Every form you can debauch is on a time limit. Even if you feel you've been reasonably quick, some browsers seem to think otherwise.
Recommendation: type your password in something like a text editor or word processor, highlight (making sure not to highlight any leading or trailing spaces), copy, then reload the account settings page, paste, paste, debauch, and be all quick about it. Like Dan said, back in the when. Be like the housefly, and see the events of the world unfold in liquid slowness, or something to that effect.
If you cannot reset a forgotten password, click here.
Show
The "I forgot my password" function has been buggy for a while, I apologize. I will look into that, also, over the next few days.
UPDATE: I have looked into this. I think it should work now, but I can't test it all with my admin accounts. Anyone who tries it, please do let me know whether it works or not.
You yourself, meanwhile, might look into your SPAM folder. I know, I know, but humor me, please.
Also, if you have been around for a bit, try and remember whether the email you entered there was also the email you registered with back in the when. I'm sure the email addresses associated to some user-accounts are still hotmail.
If none of that solves your confound, hit me through the contact form, or grab me via dm on the Facebooks, or if none of that works, speak up in the Midget Circus. I will look out for you there, but I can't guarantee nothing.

DIY Pelican case panniers/ Speed Triple

Broken, fixed or fabricated.... Yak about it here.
Whiskeywrist
Barista of Doom

DIY Pelican case panniers/ Speed Triple

Post by Whiskeywrist » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:07 pm

This project has been dragging on for months, as I chip away at it on lunch breaks. It's almost finished, now, and I thought I'd post some pics before it's all painted and tidied up, for anyone else interested in tackling something like this.

I'll post some more glamorous ones once all is done, and they're mounted to the TS3.

And then? Serious overnight action, with all the fun of a bike not intended for such things!

the rest of the pics, with descriptions are at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zerothousa ... 551016809/

bullfrog
Barista of Doom

Post by bullfrog » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:45 pm

damn good work!!! what size??? i have 1500s on the KLR and LOVE them...
R1150GS Hacked, Speed Triple 1050, 450XCW Plated

Whiskeywrist
Barista of Doom

Post by Whiskeywrist » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:37 pm

these are 1450's. I looked at the top load ones for a while, but decided I wanted these. I'm gonna rig it so my high side box opens out to become a stable platform for a cooking stove, etc. and I want the boxes to be easily accessed and sit-on-able when not on the bike.

The real trick is going to be running an extension strut from the frame under the S3's seat to support the added weight.

That's what winter's for, though, right?

At least I'm not wasting golden days of beautiful riding while my bike's in pieces....

bullfrog
Barista of Doom

Post by bullfrog » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:56 am

Whiskeywrist wrote: become a stable platform for a cooking stove, etc...
i will take a couple of pics. i ran cables to hold both high and lowside lids are parallel to the ground so that they can be used as tables at the campsite.

Whiskeywrist
Barista of Doom

Post by Whiskeywrist » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:09 pm

Hadn't thought of that- good idea!
Running shorter cables on the lowside, and having a slighly acute angle would make it level...

Actually, you could make a pair of anchors for each case, and depending on which side they were on, they could be leveled as needed.

bullfrog
Barista of Doom

Post by bullfrog » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:46 pm

Whiskeywrist wrote:shorter cables on the lowside, and having a slighly acute angle would make it level....
exactly.

AZRider
"I said THREE motorcycles worth of Fuck You!"

Post by AZRider » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Seriously butch bracketology! I'm impressed!
"The hell with the zombie apocalypse, the douchebag apocalypse is upon us and their numbers are growing."-Mean Chuck
"Don't sweat the buckshot." - Buttzilla
"--Really.. I AM a nice guy by preference. I do, however, have other options." - Merlyn

Whiskeywrist
Barista of Doom

Post by Whiskeywrist » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:35 pm

Dry fit/test drive: all good so far!

Just need to tie in the last hard point on the tail, grind the sharp edges, add some reflective stripes, and rattle can black.

I'm gonna go camping! Really FAST!

Flatline
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by Flatline » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:12 am

You've done a really good job with those. Once you clean up that little bit of play that you have it'll be perfect.
You build it, we break it.

Guero
Lurker

Post by Guero » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:24 pm

Looks pretty sweet! I've got 1550s on my KLR and I love them. The brackets look ough, but are they heavy? (not like a Speed Triple doesn't have power to compensate for it...)

Priest
Ancient Mariner

Post by Priest » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:32 pm

Pelican madness, I say! Super nice job, man. ( Say goodbye threading the needle with that S3.)

Fantastic work. :D

PS: Pelicans make nice frame-sliders/feeler-outers.
Priest.

Groove
El Monstro De La Noche

Post by Groove » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:54 pm

Nice work!
#############
"My new spleen came from a guy who liked the motorcycle" - Philip J. Frye

09 KLR (Gonzo)
03 SV650 (Crouchy Von Spine-Mangler)
02 KTM 640 (The Homewrecker)

Whiskeywrist
Barista of Doom

Final Pics: Pelicans on the Triple are finished

Post by Whiskeywrist » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:29 pm

Finally, DONE!
ground down the sharp corners, tied in the tail anchor, rattle canned black, and the ever important reflective hazard stripes!