PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE ANYTHING.
This measure is inconvenient, yes, but necessary at present.
Click below for more information.

EVERYTHING IS MARKED UNREAD!!
click her for the instant fix
Show
First fix:
  • open the menu at the top
  • hit New Posts to see what's actually new and browse the new stuff from there
  • go back to the Forum Index
  • open the menu at the top again
  • click Mark forums read
    this will zero the unread anything for you, so you can strive forth into the exciting world of the new cookie thing.

Because the board got shutdown again because of a load of database, I had to fettle with the settings again.
As part of that, the server no longer stores what topics you have or haven't read.
IT IS STILL RECORDED!
But now, that information lives in a delicious cookie, rather than the forum database.

Upside: this should reduce the load of database.
Downside: if you use multiple devices to access the board, or you reject delicious cookies, you won't always have that information cookie. But the New Posts feature should take care of that.

PLEASE NOTIFY THE ADMINISTERRERRERR ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

2024 LOGIN/Posting ISSUES
Click if you have a problem.
Show

If you cannot Debauch because you get an IP blacklist error, try Debauching again time. It may work immediately, it may take a few attempts. It will work eventually, I don't think I had to click debauch more than three times. Someone is overzealous at our hosting company, but only on the first couple of attempts.

If you have problems logging in, posting, or doing anything else, please get in touch.
You know the email (if you don't, see in the registration info below), you know where to find the Administerrerrerr on the Midget Circus.

Some unpleasant miscreant was firing incessant database queries at our server, which forced the Legal Department of our hosting company, via their Abuse subdivision, to shut us down. No I have none.
All I can do it button the hatches, and tighten up a few things. Such as time limits on how long you may take to compose a post and hit Debauch! As of 24/01/10, I've set that at 30 minutes for now.

To restrict further overloads, any unregistered users had to be locked out.
How do we know who is or isn't an unregistered user?
By forcing anyone who wants in to Log In.
Is that annoying?
Yes. But there's only so much the Administerrerrerr can do to keep this place running.

Again, if you have any problems: get in touch.

REGISTRATION! NEW USERS!
Registration Information
Show
Automatic registration is disabled for security reasons.
But fear not!
You can register!

Option the First:
Please drop our fearless Administerrerrerr a line.
Tell him who you are, that you wish to join, and what you wish your username to be. The Administerrerrerr will get back to you. If you're human, and you're not a damn spammer, expect a reply within 24 hoursish. Usually quicker, rarely slower.

Unfortunately, the Contact Form is being a total primadonna right now, so please send an email to the obvious address.
Posting this address in clear text is just the "on" switch for spambots, but here is a hint.

Option the Second:
Find us on Facebook, in the magnificent
Umah Thurman Midget Circus
Join up there, or just drop the modmins a message. They will pass any request on to the Administerrerrerr for this place.

breaking the woman's code

A forum for the off topic stuff. Everything from religion to philosophy to sex to humor (see why it used to be called Buggery?). All manner of rude psychological abuse is welcome and encouraged.
ladyracer
Maltov Rattlecan

breaking the woman's code

Post by ladyracer » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:02 am

WORDS WOMEN USE

FINE

This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and
you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES

If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only
five
minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game
before
helping around the house.

NOTHING

This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you
should be
on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in
"Fine".

GO AHEAD

This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH

This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often
misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot
and
wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with
you over
"Nothing".

THAT'S OKAY

This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to
a man.
"That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before
deciding
how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS

A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say "You're
welcome".

wyckedsin
Barista of Doom

Post by wyckedsin » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:28 am

you forgot my favorite...

"Its not you I don't trust its her..." :x
Sanity has left the building

BillyName99

Post by BillyName99 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:29 am

I've always hated that Shite.

I've heard just about every stand-up comic doing similar material all my life. I still wonder why it's such a common theme.

everybody knows this problem exists, and yet there is no effort to correct it.

I hate the fact that most women will say "nothing" when you ask what's wrong instead of just coming out and saying what the problem is.

I know this post is meant to be 'funny' but there's just enough truth to it to be UN-funny.

I've never been able to respect anyone who won't say EXACTLY what they mean. If they have a problem with me, they need to tell me because I'm NOT a telepath, I communicate with words..

Giving 'permission' (as in 'Go Ahead' being a dare) and then getting pissed off when they get taken at their word is chickenshit.

The Human Race will be better off as a species when we quit teaching our daughters to express themselves in doubletalk and let them be direct.

Ban Guzzi
I AM THE MOTOR!

Post by Ban Guzzi » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:20 am

...the women who responds to life and situations, as in this "joke" e-mail, deserve a shitty life. It's not cute, its being a bitch.
FFFFFUUUUCCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!

Flat_Black_Rat
Rally Jackelope of Ever

Post by Flat_Black_Rat » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:26 am

You can't forget the all time favorite fight starting phrase, "How od these pants look?" Granted that sometimes they want to know, but it seems to be a trap with few safe answers, they just figue the cop out too quick...
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" Lt. Gen. Lewis B. Puller, USMC
2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure
1999 Honda CR250R
1978 Honda CT70 - Plated

deaconblooz
Magnum Jihad

how does my ...

Post by deaconblooz » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:59 am

Being married for 30 years means that I am quite familiar w/ the "code". Don't forget these...

Does this make me look fat? Answer...ALWAYS NO

How do you like my....hair...outfit...(any food item)...? NEVER GIVE AN NEGATIVE OPINION, IT WILL ONLY LEAD TO GRIEF. ONLY ANSWER IN A POSITIVE, SOMEWHAT BELIEVABLE WAY.

What are you smirking about? I CAN'T COVER THIS UP...IF I THINK I'M WINNING OR GETTING AWAY W/ SOMETHING...ITS TOO GOOD TO HOLD IT IN. I'LL TAKE A RATION OF SHIT FOR IT, BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!!

So...that being said, I don't know why these "codes" exist, but they seem to be all pervasive in our culture. Is it something genetic? Cultural? My youngest daughter, age 28 is getting married this week-end and so far I've not seen much of this stereotypical bahavior in her. She's been liveng w/ her boyfriend for about 6 years, so she's had plenty of opportunity to show her colors.

OK...now an off the subject moment. Father of the Bride Wedding Toast. w/ apologies to Tommy Chong...

"Welcome to the wedding, I'd like to propose a toast, I've never done this before...I hope I don't fuck up or nothing."

dblooz

Ban Guzzi
I AM THE MOTOR!

Re: how does my ...

Post by Ban Guzzi » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:24 pm

deaconblooz wrote: Does this make me look fat? Answer...ALWAYS NO

How do you like my....hair...outfit...(any food item)...? NEVER GIVE AN NEGATIVE OPINION, IT WILL ONLY LEAD TO GRIEF. ONLY ANSWER IN A POSITIVE, SOMEWHAT BELIEVABLE WAY.

What are you smirking about? I CAN'T COVER THIS UP...IF I THINK I'M WINNING OR GETTING AWAY W/ SOMETHING...ITS TOO GOOD TO HOLD IT IN. I'LL TAKE A RATION OF SHIT FOR IT, BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!!

OK...now an off the subject moment. Father of the Bride Wedding Toast. w/ apologies to Tommy Chong...

"Welcome to the wedding, I'd like to propose a toast, I've never done this before...I hope I don't fuck up or nothing."

dblooz
My problem might be centered around being too honest. As a friend pointed out years ago, honesty can be a weapon. So I always answer honestly. It does have a good long term payoff tho'...

and CONGRATS to you and your daughter!! Have fun and enjoy the hell out it!!
FFFFFUUUUCCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!

Flat_Black_Rat
Rally Jackelope of Ever

Post by Flat_Black_Rat » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:36 pm

Most of the time I try to pass the buck. I just go, "The other ones look better" I haven't had that one backfire yet, but most of the time they stay I'm too into my bikes and bail very quickly so it ends up being a one shot deal...
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" Lt. Gen. Lewis B. Puller, USMC
2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure
1999 Honda CR250R
1978 Honda CT70 - Plated

purple passion
El Asbestos Pajamas

Post by purple passion » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:14 pm

I'd like to say Im a woman ... and i dont use code....
Any one who has ever talked to me, knows this... Please dont stereotype... Can we always put the word SOME in front of those comments??
And if you think a girl who uses "code " is a bitch... Look out for the ones that dont!!

(do note as i type this i have a smirk on my face... and wish i had a drink in my hand disscussing this in person on the patio at streets...)
"The day is coming when a single carrot freshly observed, will set off a revolution"

rhinoviper
Toe-Draggin' Speed Monkey

Post by rhinoviper » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:03 am

purple passion wrote:I(do note as i type this i have a smirk on my face... and wish i had a drink in my hand disscussing this in person on the patio at streets...)
You know you're always welcome back anytime, Sweethaaahht!!!

As for previous comments, I'll admit guilt of using code from time to time. However, I have learned (probably thanks mostly to B12!) that it just won't cut it. I now make the most concerted effort NOT to ask whether an outfit makes me look a certain way. I figure, if it bothers him that much to look at me, it's HIS problem if he doesn't speak up. I respond to "What's wrong?" either by saying what is wrong or simply, "I don't feel like talking about it right now" AND LET IT GO. Finally, when people nonchalantly ask, "Hi, how are you?" Well, I tell them - regardless! None of this, "Fine." If I'm in a crappy mood, I say so. So there! :P
'00 SV650 "Banshee"
'03 Aprilia Tuono "dewey"

Gauss
Barista of Doom

Post by Gauss » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:27 am

Codes? :shock: I didn't realise there were codes...And all this time I thought I was just an assclown....Damn you Cosmo!

I always went by: you only ask questions you want answers too, and you answer questions honestly....(It's always better to date adults after all)

Although I did learn early on to leave some comments out...Like if you were asked "Does this dress make me look fat?"...You could say "Yes" but it's better to say something like "It isn't the most flattering outfit you have"...but it is not advisable to say "Yes, but I wouldn't go blaming the dress." You could very well end up wearing whatever is in their hands at the moment....Oh yeah, and barn yard noises (no matter how funny you think they are) are right out...

lifeon2
Magnum Jihad

Post by lifeon2 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:52 am

hmmmm well being the only male in the household growing up I learned early on to inform pretty much every woman in my life that that shit dont fly and if you dont think you'll like the answer dont ask the question I figure if I'm straight about things with them then they can be straight about things with me.....so far so good
Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive

If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

maniacles
Ayatollah of Mayhem

Post by maniacles » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:52 am

If a man falls in the forest, is he still wrong?

DerGolgo
Zaphod's Zeitgeist

Post by DerGolgo » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:34 am

maniacles wrote:If a man falls in the forest, is he still wrong?
If a man washed a dish, and there is no woman to see it, did the dish really get washed?
If there were absolutely anything to be afraid of, don't you think I would have worn pants?

I said I have a big stick.

Delphia
Magnum Jihad

Post by Delphia » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:01 am

lifeon2 wrote:hmmmm well being the only male in the household growing up I learned early on to inform pretty much every woman in my life that that shit dont fly and if you dont think you'll like the answer dont ask the question I figure if I'm straight about things with them then they can be straight about things with me.....so far so good
Im the same with my women, Im honest. If those jeans make their ass look big, THEY MAKE HER ASS LOOK BIG!

But then again MY EX GF HAD A FAT ARSE! (ok i like big booty but it didnt change the fact that her arse would have looked large in a trash compactor...)
Archie is not fucking Mr Weatherby!
1983 Kawasaki Gpz750 Streetfighter (In progress)

spidergirl1nonly
El Asbestos Pajamas

Post by spidergirl1nonly » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:41 am

purple passion wrote:I'd like to say Im a woman ... and i dont use code....
Any one who has ever talked to me, knows this... Please dont stereotype... Can we always put the word SOME in front of those comments??
And if you think a girl who uses "code " is a bitch... Look out for the ones that dont!!

(do note as i type this i have a smirk on my face... and wish i had a drink in my hand disscussing this in person on the patio at streets...)
Precisely. Couldn't have said it better myself! LOL
Don't look now but there's another rocky road..
But 2day I'm gonna face it, yeah, cuz I'm sick of dealin' any other way
Nobody said the race was fair but I'm gonna keep runnin' just the same!
2day, 2day is the first day of the rest of my life!

schotzy
Maltov Rattlecan

Post by schotzy » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:11 am

well, all I can say is....

FINE.

*ducks flying entendres*
Methylchloroisothiazolanone is my favorite word EVER.